There is always something that needs to be completed and submitted in the payroll year, and now that we are almost in June, that means that it?s nearly P11D time again.
The P11D and P11D(b) forms must be submitted to HMRC by 6th July 2018. The P11D contains information of any expense payments, benefits and facilities provided to employees or Directors. The P11D(b) is used to inform HMRC of the amount of class 1A National Insurance Contributions due on expenses and benefits an employer has provided for their employees.
What Should be Reported on a P11D?
There is a long list of benefits that need to be reported on a P11D. This list covers most of them. If in doubt, talk to us or contact HMRC.
- Company Cars and Fuel
- Congestion Charges
- Loans provided to employees
- Mobile Phones
- Personal Bills
- Subscriptions and professional fees
- Medical or dental treatment and insurance
Some Key Points to Remember
- 2016-17 was the first year that benefits could be payrolled. If benefits have been put through your payroll you will still have to complete a P11D(b) to report the Class 1A NICs due on them.
- If you have payrolled benefits you must provide your employee with a letter explaining what has been payrolled.
- You must provide a copy of the P11D to your employee which will identify the expenses and or benefits you have reported to HMRC.
Contact us for Help and Advice with P11Ds
As an outsourced payroll services provider, we provide a full payroll service, which includes P11Ds. Our clients are mainly small businesses that don?t have an in-house HR or finance department to handle all things payroll. Payroll can be time consuming, so If you?re still not sure about P11Ds in particular, or need help with your payroll in general, please contact us or call us on 0121 422 0550 for a free initial chat.