HMRC releases a monthly October Employer Bulletin which has become essential reading for all payrollers as it gives a detailed update on all current and future guidance, which is especially important during this pandemic time, not least because things are moving and changing quickly.
If you are a client of ours, of course, you don’t need to worry about any of this. We get these bulletins and make sure all the changes are implemented, so you don’t have to.
October’s bulletin contains many updates – one or two of which are already out of date – and includes:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – October changes to the scheme, closing down the scheme and job retention bonus. As of 1st November, the CJRS – The Furlough Scheme – has been extended for another month.
- New COVID-19 support schemes
- Do you have employees working from home because of COVID-19?
- National Insurance Number delays
- Deferred July 2020 Self-Assessment Payment on Account
- Off-Payroll Working Rules (IR35): Education and support available to customers
- UK transition – National Insurance and social security coordination
- Apply for grants if your business completes customs declarations
- Starter Checklist – Student and Postgraduate Loan
- Student and Postgraduate Loan refunds
- Student and Postgraduate Loans thresholds and rates from 6 April 2021
- Are you using HMRC’s Business Tax Account?
- PAYE for employer’s webchat service in the Business Tax Account
- New Employment Allowance status option on PAYE for employers
- PAYE RTI penalties – continuation of the risk-based approach to charging penalties
- RTI Payment codes
- Making your PAYE Settlement Agreement payment
- Disguised remuneration
- Electronic payment deadline falls on a weekend
- Changes to our opening hours
- PAYE Online service for reporting P11D, P11D(b) and P46(car)
- Update on the withdrawal of P45 and P60 bulk stationery
- Make sure to stay on top of your workplace pension responsibilities and avoid legal action
- Peer Networks/Small Business Leadership Programme
- Corporate Criminal Offences – more than just a legislative tool, and why you should care
- Check if you need to tell HMRC about additional income
It’s enough to put you off payroll for life, isn’t it? Which is why we are here to take it off your desk. Contact us if you are interested in outsourcing your payroll